The specific warranty covering your StreetStrider is governed by the law of the state or country in which it was purchased, and applies only to mobile elliptical devices purchased from a StreetStrider Authorized Dealer.
Frames (Frame, Strider Skis, Strider Poles)
StreetStrider frames are warranted by StreetStrider International LLC, 204 West Spear Street, Carson City, Nevada 89703, against manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of three years from the date of original purchase.
Components are warranted by their original manufacturer and not by StreetStrider International LLC. The Hartmann Chainless Hub is warranted for a period of one year according to the Sunrace Sturmey Archer warranty: http://sunrace.com/contact_warranty.asp. Joint bearings, drive parts, frame fixtures and finishes (paint and decals) are warranted against manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of one year and according to the individual components’ manufacturers, from the date of the original retail purchase.
Terms of Limited Warranty
This limited warranty is not meant to suggest or imply that the StreetStrider cannot be broken or will last forever. It does mean that the StreetStrider is covered subject to the terms of the limited warranty.
- This limited warranty applies only to the original owner of a StreetStrider and is not transferable to subsequent owners.
- This limited warranty applies only to StreetStriders assembled in full compliance with the instructions within this Owner’s Manual.
- Damage resulting from normal wear and tear, including the results of fatigue, is not covered. Fatigue damage is a symptom of the frame being worn out through normal use. It is one kind of normal wear and tear, and it is the owner’s responsibility to inspect his/her StreetStrider on a regular basis.
- This limited warranty is void if the StreetStrider is subjected to abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, an accident or other abnormal, excessive, or improper use – to be de-termined by the Company at its sole discretion.
- Personal injury, StreetStrider failure, loss or damage, abuse, neglect, normal wear and tear including the results of fatigue, improper fit or maintenance by anyone other than a StreetStrider Authorized Dealer, or use of parts inconsistent with the use originally intended for the StreetStrider as sold are not covered by this warranty. In no event shall the Company be liable for incidental or consequential damages that might arise as a result of improper use and/or failure of the StreetStrider.
- For any warranty claim to be considered, the StreetStrider must be brought in to a StreetStrider Authorized Dealer on the same continent on which the mobile elliptical unit was purchased. The StreetStrider must be in assembled condition and accompanied by the original, dated sales receipt for the StreetStrider. Be sure to keep your receipt in a safe place.
- All labor and transportation charges for warranty service are the responsibility of the StreetStrider’s owner.
During the duration of this limited warranty, the Company will either repair any defective frame or component, or, at our option, replace any defective frame or component with the same or most nearly comparable model or component then available.
THIS IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS WARRANTY. ANY AND ALL OTHER REMEDIES AND DAMAGES THAT MAY OTHERWISE BE APPLICABLE ARE EXCLUDED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
THIS IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY STREETSTRIDER ON ITS FRAMES AND COMPONENTS, AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION HEREIN. ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED BY LAW INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXCLUDED. Please refer to the documents included with your StreetStrider for possible further restrictions
NOTICE: StreetStriding is potentially a hazardous activity, as is bicycling. The user understands that StreetStriding, even under normal circumstances, can be hazardous, and accepts full liability for any injury, accident, or death of the user or other StreetStrider occupant that may arise from the use of the StreetStrider. The user assumes the risk of any personal injury, damage to or failure of the StreetStrider and any other losses if the StreetStrider is used in any competitive event, including racing, ramp jumping, stunt riding or similar activities or training for such competitive activities or events. This StreetStrider is not manufactured, marketed, designed or intended to be altered in any way or at any time for use in the following ways: stunt riding, curb jumping, hopping, or similar activities, in off-road conditions, or with motors, engines or other power equipment. Use of a StreetStrider in any of these or similar ways automatically voids the StreetStrider Limited Warranty. The Company, its dealers, affiliates or agents shall not be liable under this warranty nor under any state or federal law or the common law or otherwise for any damage, failure, including personal injury, resulting from such use and/or alteration.
This Limited Warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights. The consumer may also have other legal rights that vary from state to state or country to country. Some states and countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or warranties, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. If it is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction that a certain provision of this Limited Warranty does not apply, such determination shall not affect any other provision of this Limited Warranty and all other provisions shall remain in effect.
NOTE: The policy of the Company is one of continued development and improvement. Consequently, we reserve the right to change or amend or discontinue specifications in this publication without prior notice.